Getting a new tattoo is always exciting and full of thrill. It takes a lot of thinking and effort in order to get your first tattoo. That is why you need to make sure it is properly taken care of and does not deal with any damage. If you are really confused about how to take good care of the tattoo, then don’t worry. We have got you covered and in today’s blog we will discuss about what to do & what not to do when you have just got yourself inked very recently.
Tattoo Care Tips – What To Do?
Tattoo is a sensitive thing to deal with. The more focus you put on it, the better it stays in the long run. That is why here are the things that you must to do keep it a good shape –
- Always use a mild and fragrance free soap in order to wash the tattoo. You must avoid using any more harsh or artificial chemicals whenever you are dealing with the tattoo. It can lead to a very serious allergic or skin reaction.
- Use a good quality tattoo ointments in order to keep the tattoo moisturized. Apply the ointment only after cleaning the tattoo with a hypoallergenic and mild soap. Make sure it is free from any chemicals and fragrances.
- Use a moisturizer at least once every day so that the skin around the tattoo can breathe. Especially the clogged pores can lead to a very serious infection in the long run. Also, you need to make sure that the skin around the tattoo is completely dry. Trapped moisture can always lead to irritation or heat rash when you go out.
- Never bring the tattoo under direct sunlight or water for 2-3 weeks after you have got the tattoo. Cover the tattoo with a thin cloth to avoid it getting exposed under the bright sun. If you are constantly working in an area with dirt and dust, wash the tattoo in lukewarm water at the end of the day.
Tattoo Care Tips – What Not To Do?
Just like there are a lot of things you need to do so that the tattoo stays in the best shape, there are a few things you cannot do. Take a look –
- Always use a soap which is free of chemicals and fragrances. The same goes with moisturizers as well. It may not cause any reaction in most cases but there’s always the risk of irritation.
- Never pick the scabs that come out from the tattoo. Never do that. It can lead to a skin problem or irritation. In many cases, picking a scab can leave a mark around the tattoo which destroys the entire makeover of the tattoo. In case the tattoo is getting itchy, use a good quality tattoo aftercare cream and you’ll get a huge amount of relief.
Final Words – these are some of the very crucial things you should be keeping in mind after you have got a new tattoo. We hope following these points will surely help you enjoy a wonderful tattoo care experience.